UI Rate (Paisa/Unit)
Provisions of Indian Electricity Act 2003 about
State Load Despatch Centres
31. Constitution of State Load Despatch Centres
- The State Government shall establish a Centre to be known as the State Load Despatch Centre for the purposes of exercising the powers and discharging the functions under this Part.
The State Load Despatch Centre shall be operated by a Government company or any authority or corporation established or constituted by or under any State Act, as may be notified by the State Government.
Provided that until a Government company or any authority or corporation is notified by the State Government, the State Transmission Utility shall operate the State Load Despatch Centre. Provided further that no State Load Despatch Centre shall engage in the business of trading in electricity
32. Functions of State Load Despatch Centres
- The State Load Despatch Centre shall be the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in a State.
- The State Load Despatch Centre shall –
- be responsible for optimum scheduling and despatch of electricity within a State, in accordance with the contracts entered into with the licensees or the generating companies operating in that State;
- monitor grid operations;
- keep accounts of the quantity of electricity transmitted through the State grid;
- exercise supervision and control over the intra-state transmission system; and
- be responsible for carrying out real time operations for grid control and despatch of electricity within the State through secure and economic operation of the State grid in accordance with the Grid Standards and the State Grid Code.
- The State Load Despatch Centre may levy and collect such fee and charges from the generating companies and licensees engaged in intra-State transmission of electricity as may be specified by the State Commission.
33. Compliance of Directions
- The State Load Despatch Centre in a State may give such directions and exercise such supervision and control as may be required for ensuring the integrated grid operations and for achieving the maximum economy and efficiency in the operation of power system in that State.
- Every licensee, generating company, generating station, substation and any other person connected with the operation of the power system shall comply with the direction issued by the State Load Depatch Centre under subsection (1).
- The State Load Despatch Centre shall comply with the directions of the Regional Load Despatch Centre.
- If any dispute arises with reference to the quality of electricity or safe, secure and integrated operation of the State grid or in relation to any direction given under sub-section (1) , it shall be referred to the State Commission for decision: Provided that pending the decision of the State Commission, the direction of the State Load Despatch Centre shall be complied with by the licensee or generating company.
- If any licensee, generating company or any other person fails to comply with the directions issued under sub-section(1), he shall be liable to penalty not exceeding rupees five lacs.